Monday, August 06, 2007

The DS has been drinking (not me)

The WiiWii website has a post on alcohol-related non-games being released for Nintendo´s portable console. Apparently, there are at least 3 titles in development:

- Sakeshou DS, which seems to be an encyclopedia on Sake (Japanese spirit made of rice).

- Bartender DS, edutainment about drinks tp be published by EA.

and

- Sommelier DS, its counterpart for wine lovers.

There has been a number of cooking titles released for DS, so this is a logical step. Any guesses on how much it could sell and how it could be received by the press/public opinion?

ps: it´s good to post something after such a long break from here. Due to some news I might slightly change the focus of this website in the near future. stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo! I can't wait to hear your news!

Kevin said...

Good to hear from you!

I feel the advantages with these games is that they are probably very cheap to produce. No need for fancy 3D graphics or costly R&D on bizarre controls. And much less QA testing also.

Chico Queiroz said...

Corvus: Thanks a lot for the excitement. My news are not game-specific, but very interesting and related to the subject, anyway.

Kevin: Thanks a lot too. It was only after reading your post that I noticed that your last post in Games and Men was about those games.

I agree with you - these are cheap games that could sell well. Plus, I wish I was still testing games: can you imagine what is like to playtest Bartender and Sommelier? :)

Copyright, Chico Queiroz