Monday, October 16, 2006

More experimental gameplay

This post could suit Casual Game Design better, but let´s go anyway...

Kloonigames is a blog mantained by Petri Purho. He says:

The point of this blog is I try to crank out an experimental game every month. I was inspired by Experimental Gameplay Project, so I try to follow their rules. Basicly this means that every game I create I have to make within 7-day limit, they have to made by me alone and they have to test some new form of gameplay.

I´ve played two of his creations, so far: Jimmy´s Lost His Marbles and my favourite, Slimy Pete’s Singles Bar. I really like the visuals and mood of this one.

If you have some free time, you might want to check it out.

(via Ludologia)

Unrelated note:
Thanks Chris and Ulrik for the contributions to the list. I´ll update it as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for taking the time to download and play my games, write a review and even a blog post. I'm impressed.

And thanks for your suggestions on Slimy Pete. When I was developing the game I kinda went back and forth with the mouse clicking and the mouse over controls. I ended up selecting mouse over only because I thought it might be easier for new players to figure how to play the game. They wouldn't have to click around to figure out the game mechanism. But I think your right, that it kinda ruins the feeling of control when you forget the mouse pointer on one of the characters. I know because it also happened to me alot.

Chico Queiroz said...

You´re welcome, Petri.
I´m waiting for the next one!

Congratulations on the job.

Best,
Chico

Copyright, Chico Queiroz